2019 Merger of FRFANZ brigades to UFBA
2019 saw UFBA members vote to formally adopt a new constitution that would allow us to merge FRFANZ member brigades into UFBA. The processes around the merger will continue throughout 2020.
HOW TO JOIN
The UFBA supports, represents and unites fire and rescue personnel throughout New Zealand.
All brigades and rural fire forces are welcome as UFBA members – their membership consists of urban, rural, industrial and defence brigades.
They are here to support you in the important work you are doing for your community.
If your brigade or rural fire force isn’t a registered UFBA member, get in touch with the UFBA to find out how to join. Please contact:
Membership Support Manager
Phone: 04 237 2683 or 0274 428 655
The many supportive services and events offered to UFBA member brigades and rural fire forces include:
- Advocacy and representation – we influence policy and legislation to advance our members’ interests
- Regular news – keeping you up-to-date with the latest on topical issues
- Challenges – put your skills into practice experiencing the thrill of our competitions
- Training – learn from the experts and develop your skills and knowledge
- Conference – learn, connect and celebrate with members
- Service Honours – get recognition for your service
- Accident Assurance – benefit from financial protection
- Benevolent Fund – receive financial assistance in times of hardship
- Fire Shop – shop for fire and rescue products
- ID Card – benefit from discounts at shops, hotels and gyms
- Website Builder – use our toolkit to develop a website for your brigade.
Get the latest UFBA news
If you belong to a UFBA member brigade or rural fire force, register here to get the latest news about key issues regarding our fire services, take part in online forums, download documents and shop at the Fire Shop
UFBA Associate Membership
Membership also extends to organisations beyond fire brigades. Associate membership is open to provincial associations, rural fire authorities and any other organisation or society that has interests in common with the UFBA.
Associate members are invited to attend general meetings of association and may be invited to speak, but aren’t eligible to vote. To find out more, contact us
FRFANZ helps to ensure that our rural communities have effective protection from forest and rural fires.
FRFANZ provides its members information and support, promotes the interests of its volunteers and is an effective national advocate to ensure that the forest and rural fire forces are appropriately resourced. FRFANZ has a range of uniform clothing available so members can be easily identified as Volunteer Rural Fire Fighters. FRFANZ organises annual conferences and competitions, and formally recognises individual members who have devoted long term service to rural fire control.
Becoming a volunteer rural fire fighter means you are part of a team that helps protect your local community from the risk of fire. As a volunteer you will be trained to respond to vegetation fires. However, you may also be called on to respond to structure fires, medical emergencies, and car accidents. Fundraising and community awareness programmes are other activities that you may be involved with in your community. All rural fire stations have regular training sessions and, when required, crews also attend specialist training courses on weekends. Training is focused on safely responding to vegetation fires. If your local crew responds to other emergency incidents in your area you will be trained to the required standard.
If you are interested in becoming a FRFANZ member or a Volunteer rural fire fighter please contact us?
C/-P O Box 56079
+64 4 237 0265